26 Nov Mood Board: The [Woman Approved] Gentleman’s Lounge
Step aside overstuffed corduroy recliners and tacky football posters. I recently created a mood board for a gentleman’s lounge that is attractive enough to appeal to women, too.
In order to do this, I combined masculine decor elements like animal skins, leather, ammo and a lighter with more feminine touches, including plush textures, a hint of purple (forget the pale pink trend here!) and metallics. Here’s what I selected:
Items starting from the top left and moving clockwise:
- Elitis Giant Croco Wallpaper feels rich, manly and elegent.
- Kravet Couture paisley fabric has feminine tones that are still subtle enough to work in a man-centric room.
- Social Light leather handled lighter, available through Kathy Corbet Interiors, feels classic and traditional.
- Weitzner Wide Wale Corduroy updates and old guy classic with a luxurious tone and texture.
- Wesley Hall leather has an elegant, horse country feel.
- 66 Special Nail Head Trim by DKei adds amps up the high-end, classic vibe.
- Brentano Fabrics Sting Ray Velvet adds that metallic sheen that takes the look from old fashioned to modern.
- Crossville Metallic Mosaic Tile adds visual interest with a masculine color palette.
I can help you incorporate these elements into your home or work with you to create the mood board that meets your needs and exceeds your dreams.